Solvent-Based Tilt-Up Cure and Bondbreaker
Meets the modified moisture retention properties of ASTM C309 when applied to a steel-troweled surface. Please call Nox-Crete at 402-341-2080 for purchasing information.
Note: Choose Options to Buy Online
Silcoseal 77 is Nox-Crete’s original chemically-active cure and tilt-up bondbreaker. Unlike most conventional cure and bondbreakers, Silcoseal 77 doesn't contain any wax or hydrocarbon resins. As a result, it doesn't depend on a physical barrier deposited on top of the casting slab to prevent bonding.
Instead, Silcoseal 77 consists of a special formulation of chemically reactive organic compounds. This solvent-based system chemically reacts with calcium hydroxide, a byproduct of the cement hydration reaction present in concrete surface pores. The reaction products are amorphous gels which, in conjunction with other combined special organic compounds in Silcoseal 77, effectively seal concrete surface pores.
Moisture entry or exit is restricted, allowing good retention of concrete mixing water. This assists in providing proper cement hydration and concrete curing. This also minimizes concrete surface cracking and crazing. Properly applied, Silcoseal 77 positively prevents the bonding of tilt wall panels to casting slab floor surfaces.
Applications - Use as Curing:
- And bondbreaker in tilt-up, lift slab and precast concrete construction.
- On the top side of tilt wall panels to prevent the formation of shrinkage cracks.
- Only on all types of interior, smooth troweled concrete flatwork where the use of conventional resin based curing compounds is impractical.
Advantages of Silcoseal 77 Solvent-Based Tilt-Up Cure and Bondbreaker
- Improves resistance to the “osmotic effect” restricting the amount of water that migrates from freshly placed panel concrete through the bondbreaker film (and into the less moist casting slab).
- This reduced “osmotic effect” greatly improves panel concrete surface appearance, and results in a smooth, uniform surface profile, color and appearance.
- Achieves exceptional wall panel surface appearance.
- When properly applied, leaves no residue or resulting staining on wall panel or casting slab floor surfaces.
- Achieves a crisp, positive release that minimizes panel surface defects and reduces panel resurfacing/patching costs.
- Does not contain any wax or hydrocarbon resins.
- Many conventional bondbreakers often leave a difficult-to-remove residue on wall panel and casting slab surfaces. When not properly removed, this residue often causes adhesion problems for floor and exterior wall panel paint.
- Meets the moisture retention properties of ASTM C309 when applied to a steel troweled surface prepared in accordance with CEN/TS 14754.
- Excellent resistance to washoff from normal rain showers and dew when applied directly to previously uncoated concrete surfaces.
- Dust, dirt and mud can be easily removed from casting slab floor surfaces.
- Simply wash with low pressure water when Silcoseal 77 is used as both the cure and bondbreaker.
- Resistant to sunlight induced oxidation damage that can necessitate the reapplication of competitive bondbreakers even when panel concrete placement is delayed a few days.