Water-based bondbreaker and tilt-up cure also for lift slab and precast construction.
Meets the modified moisture retention properties of ASTM C309 when applied to a steel-troweled surface.
Note: Choose Options to Buy Online
Silcoseal Advantage is a water-based bondbreaker and tilt-up cure for use on tilt-up, lift slab and precast construction projects. When applied properly, Silcoseal Advantage reacts with byproducts of the concrete hydration process to create amorphous gels that prevent sticking and allow panels to lift easily. Tilted panel surfaces appear uniformly white without the traditional yellow bondbreaker discoloration.
In contrast to most conventional cure and bondbreakers, Silcoseal Advantage does not contain any wax or hydrocarbon resins and, as a result, does not depend on a physical barrier deposited on top of the casting slab to prevent bonding. Instead, Silcoseal Advantage consists of a special formulation of chemically reactive organic compounds in a predominantly water-based solvent system that chemically reacts with calcium hydroxide, a byproduct of the cement hydration reaction, present in the concrete surface pores. The reaction products are amorphous gels which, in conjunction with other combined special organic compounds in Silcoseal Advantage, effectively seal concrete surface pores. Moisture entry or exit is restricted, allowing good retention of concrete mixing water to assist in providing proper cement hydration and concrete curing, minimizing concrete surface cracking and crazing. Properly applied, Silcoseal Advantage positively prevents the bonding of tilt wall panels to casting slab floor surfaces.
• As a cure and bondbreaker in tilt-up, lift slab and precast concrete construction
• To cure the top side of tilt wall panels to prevent the formation of shrinkage cracks
• As a cure only on all types of interior, smooth troweled concrete flatwork where conventional resin-based curing compounds are impractical
Advantages of this Water-Based Bondbreaker and Tilt-Up Cure:
• An excellent, value-engineered alternative when protection from the "osmotic effect" is not a requirement and/or when cost considerations dictate a lower priced product
• Achieves exceptional wall panel surface appearance
• Leaves no residue or staining on wall panel or casting slab floor surfaces when properly applied
• Achieves a crisp, positive release that minimizes panel surface defects
• Contains no wax or hydrocarbon resins like many conventional bondbreakers, which often leave a difficult-to-remove residue on surfaces. Improper removal of residue can cause floor and exterior wall panel paint and coating adhesion problems.
• Available in both a federally VOC compliant (600 g/l) version and a low-VOC (350 g/l) version, Silcoseal Advantage LVOC.
• Meets the modified moisture retention properties of ASTM C309 when applied to a steel-troweled surface.
• Improved emulsion stability means Silcoseal Advantage stays mixed longer than most other water-based cure and bondbreakers.
• Green Engineered™ in order to be better for health and the environment.
• Meets all current federal VOC requirements for tilt-up bondbreakers and curing compounds.
Safety Data Sheets
English SDS - Silcoseal Advantage