Solvent-Based Tilt-Up Cure and Bondbreaker
Solvent-based cure and bondbreaker dries faster than water-based bondbreakers and meets moisture retention requirements of ASTM C309.
Note: Choose Options to Buy Online
Silcoseal Classic is a solvent-based tilt-up cure and bondbreaker. Its traditional, solvent-based formulation allows tilt-up panels to separate easily and completely without the use of pry bars or wedges commonly used with membrane-forming bondbreakers. The solvent-based formula also dries faster than water-based formulations and high humidity does not affect it.
Instead of being reliant on wax or hydrocarbon resins like other bondbreakers, Silcoseal Classic has an organic compounds formulation. These compounds react chemically with excess limes present in the concrete surface to form metallic soaps. Apply the product properly and the soaps eliminate wall panel sticking. The absence of wax or hydrocarbon resins means less Silcoseal Classic is needed per project, reducing application time and cost while ensuring exceptional results.
Silcoseal Classic also functions as a high quality cure. Independent tests have shown Silcoseal Classic meets the moisture retention properties of ASTM C309 when applied to a steel troweled surface prepared in accordance with ASTM C156 and CEN/TS 14754.
• As a cure and bondbreaker in tilt-up, lift slab and precast concrete construction when weather conditions do not allow for the use of water-based products
• To cure the top side of tilt wall panels to prevent the formation of shrinkage cracks
• As a cure only on all types of interior, smooth troweled concrete where the use of conventional resin based curing compounds is impractical
Advantages of this Solvent-Based Tilt-Up Cure and Bondbreaker
• Supplies part of the reaction product necessary for clean separation
• Value-engineered alternative when protection from the "osmotic effect" is not required
• Achieves exceptional wall panel surface appearance
• Leaves no residue or staining on wall panel or casting slab floor surfaces
• Achieves crisp, positive release that minimizes panel defects
• Contains no residue causing wax or hydrocarbon resins
• Functions as both a bondbreaker and ASTM C309 cure
• Dries faster than water-based versions of Silcoseal
• Less product needed for application, which reduces time and cost
• Available in a low VOC version that meets OTC, LADCO and Canadian VOC requirements
A $50 HazMat fee applies to orders of this product to cover hazardous freight costs.