Wood Edge Sealer Reduces Alkaline Water Absorption
Maximum performance edge sealer with form release agent.
Note: Choose Options to Buy Online
Edge-Flex 645 is a maximum performance edge sealer with form release agent that extends concrete forming panel life and reduces edge swell by reducing the absorption of alkaline bleed water through panel edges. Edge-Flex 645 is specially formulated with added release agent, making it ideal for use with all types of plywood, wafer-wood and OSB concrete forming panels.
By reducing edge swell and minimizing water absorption into panel edges, Edge-Flex 645 helps to increase panel longevity. Additionally, Edge-Flex 645 minimizes wood sugar and tannin migration, which reduces concrete color variations, staining and concrete surface dusting.
- In sealing the edges of all types of manufactured wood form panels, including plywood and oriented strand board (OSB) for concrete forming applications
- To seal all field-cut panel edges and snap-tie holes
- For reapplication over poor performing mill applied edge sealants
- Essential on all manufactured wood form panels for the production of architectural concrete
Advantages of this Edge Sealer with Form Release Agent
- Contains release agent to prevent concrete bonding
- Completely resistant to the higher alkalinity of many modern concrete mixes
- Minimizes alkaline water absorption through panel edges by up to 95%
- Minimizes water absorption into panel edges therefore minimizing wood sugar and tannin migration
- Reduces concrete color variations, staining, and surface dusting
- Significantly reduces panel edge swelling and related elevation variations from panel to panel
- Exceptional resistance to commonly used form oils and form release agents
- Greatly increases panel longevity
- Green Engineered™ − better for health and the environment
- Meets all federal and state VOC requirements