Wood Edge Sealer Reduces Alkaline Water Absorption
Maximum performance edge sealer with form release agent.
Note: Choose Options to Buy Online
Edge-Flex 645 is a maximum performance edge sealer with form release agent that extends concrete forming panel life and reduces edge swell by reducing the absorption of alkaline bleed water through panel edges. Edge-Flex 645 is specially formulated with added release agent, making it ideal for use with all types of plywood, wafer-wood and OSB concrete forming panels.
By reducing edge swell and minimizing water absorption into panel edges, Edge-Flex 645 helps to increase panel longevity. Additionally, Edge-Flex 645 minimizes wood sugar and tannin migration, which reduces concrete color variations, staining and concrete surface dusting.
• In sealing the edges of all types of manufactured wood form panels, including plywood and oriented strand board (OSB) for concrete forming applications
• To seal all field-cut panel edges and snap-tie holes
• For reapplication over poor performing mill applied edge sealants
• Essential on all manufactured wood form panels for the production of architectural concrete
Advantages of this Edge Sealer with Form Release Agent
• Contains release agent to prevent concrete bonding
• Completely resistant to the higher alkalinity of many modern concrete mixes
• Minimizes alkaline water absorption through panel edges by up to 95%
• Minimizes water absorption into panel edges therefore minimizing wood sugar and tannin migration
• Reduces concrete color variations, staining, and surface dusting
• Significantly reduces panel edge swelling and related elevation variations from panel to panel
• Exceptional resistance to commonly used form oils and form release agents
• Greatly increases panel longevity
• Green Engineered™ − better for health and the environment
• Meets all federal and state VOC requirements
Forming Market Brochure