Silane Sealer For Vertical Concrete
Silane sealer for vertical concrete formulated for maximum performance on concrete surfaces.
Note: Choose Options to Buy Online
Stifel VC is an ideal silane sealer for vertical concrete or brick masonry surfaces in need of added water protection. Treat surfaces with Stifel VC to guard against damage from freeze/thaw cycles, deicing salts and the absorption of water – without modifying the surface appearance.
Stifel VC is water-based and contains silane, which has a molecular structure small enough to penetrate concrete up to ½ inch or more. Then the sealer reacts with siliceous material to form a hydrophobic barrier that prevents water and waterborne chloride absorption.
Stifel VC is formulated with fewer active solids than horizontal Stifel sealers. This formulation reduces product waste caused by dripping during vertical applications.
Stifel VC is safe as well as easy to use. Its single-component formulation is very low odor and also has a high flash point (>200° F/100° C).
- All exterior, vertical concrete cast-in-place or precast concrete
- All exterior, vertical concrete masonry or brick masonry
- New or existing substrates
- Applications where it's not safe to use conventional silanes containing hydrocarbon solvent carriers
Advantages of this Silane Sealer for Vertical Concrete
- Achieves deep penetration due to silane that doesn't evaporate under site application conditions whereas highly volatile silanes evaporate
- Unique silane goes into concrete rather than into the atmosphere
- Formulated with 7.5% active solids
- Meets all federal and state VOC requirements
- Allows treated surfaces to breathe naturally
- Guards against water and chloride ion-containing deicing salts
- Minimizes efflorescence staining and mortar leaching of treated masonry surfaces
- Protects treated concrete from delamination and spalling
- Substantially extends the serviceable life of concrete structures
- Improves adhesion bond strength of most sealants and top coats
- Green Engineered™ in order to be better for health and the environment