The BridgeWay Station is a new urban village development along I-385 in the City of Mauldin, S.C. Greenville developer Phil Hughes is building the project as over 1 million square feet of mixed-use space featuring new apartments, offices, shopping, dining, lodging and entertainment.
THE QUICK DETAILS:
Greenville developer Phil Hughes is planning an urban village called BridgeWay Station spanning 40 acres along I-385 in Mauldin, just south of Butler Road.
Project GC: Harper General Contractors
Tilt Contractor: CBM Concrete
The village will feature residential spaces, offices, shopping, dining, lodging and entertainment.
Restaurants will include Poogan’s Southern Kitchen, Belladina’s Italian Market, and Cohesive Coffee.
This will be the first phase of a larger development.
Silcoseal Select was used on the tilt wall panels for block A of BrickWay Station. We had a Q&A with Tilt Contractor; Cody Branton from CBM Concrete.
1. Which product/products of ours were used on the project? On this project, we only used the Silcoseal Select bondbreaker. We typically will use either HSC or LSC to cure our slabs but we were only tasked with the walls on this project and the SOG did not require a densifier/hardener.
2. What problems were you trying to solve by using our product? Our recommendation for the use of Silcoseal in lieu of a competing product was due to the fact that our panels were going to be 16” thick with extensive rebar mats, we needed a reliable bondbreaker. Due to the need for reapplication using a different product brand with any amount of rain, I felt that the reapplication of whatever material we used would be difficult given the density of rebar in the panels. payid casino This resulted in us convincing the GC that Silcoseal Select would be the better choice in order to avoid a stuck panel and end up with a better result.
3. What made our product stand out from other options? Its sustainability in weather conditions, especially during the winter months.
4. How did our product help make your project successful? Avoided any stuck panels and the aesthetics that resulted in not having to over apply turned out great.
5. What’s the main reason you’d recommend our products to other builders? Because its worked well for us on every single project that we have used and the only issues we have had is when we’ve been forced to use a different material due to distributor supply.
Photos/Video Courtesy of CBM Concrete.
If you'd like to learn more about why you should be using Silcoseal Select on your next Tilt-Up project. Contact Nox-Crete Tilt-Up Division Manager; Derick Rainey at 402-680-8145 or by email at email@example.com.
Attendees of the TCA Tilt-Up Convention & Expo in Dallas will find the best tilt-up products and the most knowledgeable tilt-up experts in the industry at the Nox-Crete booth, #301.
Have a chat with our team to learn about our top-of-the-line PVC rustication strips, Clean Line Reveal, 2018 winner of the Most Innovative Products at the World of Concrete! Clean Line Reveal for tilt-up and precast is durable, easy to install and offers a clean release every time. Or let them show you PacForm, our laminated veneer lumber wall panel edgeform.
In the market for a good bondbreaker, cure or joint filler? They can help you with that too! Stop by and see them Thursday September 20 and Friday September 21.
Are you still using wood reveals to create decorative details in your tilt-up panels? Nox-Crete's Tilt-Up Market Segment Manager Tom Bozzano has a lot to say on why you should consider switching to PVC reveals such asClean Line Reveal. Clean Line Reveal won the 2018 Most Innovative Products at the World of Concrete. PVC reveals are durable, easy to install, easy to remove and produce a clean release and uniform finish. See Tom's article, "The Advantages of PVC Reveals in Decorative Tilt-Up" in Tilt-Up Today magazine!
We’re proud to share with you that our PVC rustication strip product, Clean Line Reveal, is the Industry Choice winner in the Concrete Construction Equipment category in Hanley Wood’s 2018 Most Innovative Products. This award is presented annually in conjunction with the World of Concrete. Attendees of the tradeshow and audiences of Concrete Construction and The Concrete Producer vote on products they deem to be innovative to the industry. A panel of industry experts, many of whom serve on the World of Concrete Educational Advisory Board, also have a hand in selecting the winners.
About Our 2018 Most Innovative Products Winner
Clean Line Reveal (or CLR) is available in a variety of profiles to create design details in tilt-up and precast structures like never before. The extruded high density PVC material makes the strips lightweight and durable, and unlike wood, they’re oblivious to climate change. CLR is easy to install, easy to remove, and produces a clean, uniform finish that’s incredibly smooth. Wood reveals contain sugars that can leach from the wood, resulting in discoloration and retardation; CLR eliminates this concern. Additionally, there is a reduction in labor costs because this product eliminates the need for priming, sanding, and repairs. Plus, it's easy to cut pieces in the field with a circular/miter saw.
Secure Clean Line Reveal strips in place with an adhesive spray.
We consider it an honor to have Clean Line Reveal win the Industry Choice MIP. Winning this category in particular serves as a testament to the quality of this product. We congratulate all of the other nominees and winners of their respective categories and we look forward to the innovative products and ideas the industry will see next year.
We've been attending World of Concrete for over 4 decades now and it just keeps getting better every year. We look forward to meeting new people, seeing long-time friends face-to-face, and telling everyone about our full line of products. We were busy this year with representation in three different locations.
At our main booth, our organic concrete build-up and splatter remover Blast-Off was a big attraction. We had a great time talking about the benefits of this safe-on-all-surfaces product and demonstrating its effectiveness through display and video.
New Products Showcase
Adjacent to our main booth was our New Product Showcase where attendees could learn all about what's new in our assortment. The following products were featured for each category:
We loved having this dedicated space for giving our new products their own spotlight at the show.
Nox-Crete at Concrete Decor Live!
Outside the Las Vegas Convention Center - in addition to seeing our ads on the benches - tradeshow attendees could see our products in action at Concrete Decor Live! Nox-Crete colors and textures from the Duro-Color Floor System were used to create a Las Vegas / Harley-Davidson logo in the orange building's "biker bar".
Throughout the week, visitors to the exhibit enjoyed a live demonstration of densifiers, dyes, surface retarders, and sealers. Concrete Decor provided an educational and inspiring experience for all and we were proud to be a part of it.
To everyone who stopped by, thanks for coming to see us. We look forward to seeing you all again for World of Concrete 2019.